Hello all! I know it has been forever and I’m sorry. I’ve started and stopped a hundred posts due to self-doubt, laziness and a host of other lame excuses in the last two months. Lets catch up. It’s still 1000 degrees here in Alabama, we still have a razor-lipped super villain for a president, and I went back to school yesterday! I hadn’t been in a college classroom since late 2011 and I was/am so excited for a new start. My emotions were this frantic mix of regret, anxiety, joy, and determination. Am I smart enough? Does everyone know how old I am? But I made it. I walked among the teeming crowds of sloppily dressed teens without breaking a hip or losing confidence. I am a scholarly goddess ascending into the frothy clouds once more. But enough about me – lets talk about all of my professors and how I feel about them.
English let’s call him Mr. T-shirt
- wore a rock band t-shirt and dirty jeans to class. Hm ok.
- was very late to class. Don’t ever play me like that again T-shirt.
- made us watch a motivational Youtube video that I will never forgive him for.
History aka Patty
- wore a bag that I assume was originally a tunic. Also wore parachute pants.
- beautiful silver hair and sweet, mousy voice.
- talked about her past life as a journalist and said “If you can make it at a newspaper you can make it anywhere.”
Spanish aka Papi
- wore a beautiful tailored suit.
- loud, warm, and encouraging.
- told me my accent was on point so he’s my favorite right now.
Mass Communications or Walter Cronkite
- sat the entire class so I have no style notes at this time.
- remembered having me as a student years ago and asked if I had turned my media writing skills into success yet. I answered by laughing to mask my tears.
- his monotone lecture had me looking at the clock every 4.5 minutes. Bless his heart.
Music Appreciation known to me as Peter Pettigrew
- wore pleather/denim fusion pants and the smell of a thousand cigarettes.
- said that he was God and king of the classroom whilst tapping his foot.
- I could honestly write an entire post about this human. Might switch this class for another one though because I feel like he’s going to try and out-diva me.. issa no.
Until next time!
The Iron Sister